Botox post treatment instructions
Botox POST - TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The guidelines to follow post treatment have been followed for years, and are still employed today
to prevent the possible side effect of ptosis (drooping of the eyelids). These measures should minimize
the possibility of ptosis.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 3-4 hours following treatment. It is now known that it
takes the toxin approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve to start its work, and because we do no
want to increase circulation to that area to wash away the Botox® from where it was injected.
- Avoid manipulation of area for 3-4 hours following treatment. (For the same reasons listed above.)
This includes not doing a facial, peel, or micro-dermabrasion after treatment with Botox®.
- A facial, peel, or micro-dermabrasion can be done in same day only if they are done
before the Botox®.
- Facial exercises in the injected areas is recommended for 1-hour following treatment. This is to
stimulate the binding of the toxin only to the localized area.
- It can take 2 -10 days to take full effect. It is recommended that the patient contact the office
no later than 2 weeks after treatment if desired effect was not achieved and no sooner to give
the toxin time to work.
Makeup may be applied before leaving the office.